The teachers in the school are the parents, who assume the primary responsibility for the education of their children.
Parents are required to:
1. Provide adult supervision for enrolled students during public school hours. (8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.)
2. Provide an organized course of study.
3. Teach most lessons during school hours.
4. Meet regularly with their counselor to set goals and review accomplishments.
5. Keep a daily journal or lesson plan.
6. Maintain records of attendance.
7. Turn in attendance records and pay tuition as they are due.
8. Notify the school and their counselor if the student is away from home for more than four consecutive days that public schools are in session.
9. Notify the school, the treasurer, and the counselor of any changes in address or phone number.
10. Learn, and teach their students, about Quaker values and history.
In order to be effective teachers, parents should:
1. Read the newsletter and other mail from the school promptly.
2. Participate in and bring their student to appropriate school activities.
3. Seek ideas and information on teaching from seminars, group discussions and articles on education, home schooling or related subjects.